Extreme Couponing Tips – Save Time & Money
Almost everyone has heard of TLC’s reality show Extreme Couponing. It’s fascinating to watch someone push several grocery carts piled high with food out of the store having spent under $20. Extreme couponers spend hours a day clipping coupons, organizing and scouting deals. But seriously, who has time to assemble and maintain binders full of precisely arranged coupons? To get you started we’ve collected a few of the very best extreme couponing tips that will help you save $$ without spending hours of your valuable time.
Extreme Couponing Tips:
- Always make a shopping list. This is the number one rule of every coupon expert.
- Use more than one coupon on an item. Unless the fine print says ‘cannot be combined with other offers’ you can use a printable coupon plus an in-store coupon. The term for this is ‘stackable’ coupons. Check to make sure the store policy allows for this.
- Use coupons on ‘buy one get one free’ offers. You’re already getting one item for free, why not get the discount on the item you’re paying for?
- Buy in bulk. You may not need a certain item at the moment, but if you can get it at the lowest price, buy it! Remember that if you run out of an essential like toilet paper then you’re stuck paying full price. Buy with planning ahead in mind and buy in bulk using coupons, you save money and avoid expensive shopping trips
- Use all of your coupon sources including the Sunday newspaper, online coupons, grocery store flyers, corporate Facebook fan page offers, and mailings from companies like RedPlum and Smartsource.
- Don’t buy a product if it’s not on sale and even then combine the sale price with the use of a coupon.
- Price match! Major retailers like Bed Bath & Beyond and Wal-Mart, will price match their competitors’ sale prices. Make sure the items are identical. For instance, if Macy’s has a sale on a Krups 10-cup thermal filter coffee maker then Bed Bath Beyond will honor their price for the exact model number.
Tips like these will save you hundreds of dollars over the course of a few months and you don’t have to be an extreme couponer. Saving money on groceries doesn’t have to take up a lot of your time. We’ll keep you up to date on coupons for all your household needs.