What is a Nanobreak? Why Taking One is Good for Your Health
Imagine getting away from it all, but not spending a bundle or traveling a great distance. For you, this could mean taking a “nanobreak.” A nanobreak is a brief vacation of one night away from home. Europeans started this trend and Americans should take a serious look at it. If you’re considering a last minute summer getaway, take a nanobreak with some great deals from Hotels.com. As far back as 2009, Hotels.com saw a significant rise in the number of searches in the European market for short breaks or nanobreaks. The rise was so significant, Hotels.com started a UK Twitter competition in 2009 encouraging customers to use #Nanobreak tweets to win a trip to Rio.
Why Should You Take a Nanobreak?
Vacations are good for your health. Statistics back it up. According to the Framingham Heart Study, women who took vacations at least two times a year were less likely to develop coronary heart disease or have a heart attack than women who took vacations once every six years or less. Another study from 2000 cited men who didn’t take vacations had a 21% higher risk of death from all causes and were 32% more likely to die of a heart attack. Anyone ready for a nanobreak now? When a week long vacation is out of the question then make it a point to take nanobreaks or mini-vacations whenever you can.
Take a Nanobreak with Hotels.com Coupons
Summer is winding down and there’s just a few short weeks until the start of school and the Labor Day holiday. A short break won’t cost you very much. After all, you probably worked straight through summer. Better check out Hotels.com coupons right now. There are some last minute deals using coupon codes for destinations in cities around the U.S. with savings of 20% to 30% below list rates.
What We Love About Hotels.com
- Hotels.com makes it easy to find a good deal on a vacation, especially a last minute one. Go to Hotels.com Last Minute Deals page for savings to top destinations.
- It’s easy to find a hotel near you by going to the Hotels.com page “Deals at Your Favorite Brands.” This page shows the most popular hotel groups to help you plan your next getaway. Shop by hotel brand name to find the most recent deals at Hotels.com in the city of your choice.
- Find a hotel within walking distance of a famous landmark. If you’re going to a city with a landmark you can’t wait to see, search by landmark for nearby hotels. For example; if you plan on visiting Seattle and want to be near the Space Needle, type in Space Needle in the search box and Hotels.com will display results by distance, near to far, and also the distance to other area landmarks like Pike Place Market or Safeco Field.
- Hotels.com offers secure booking. They promise to protect the information they collect and they have implemented all possible technical security techniques possible to safeguard your personal data. They use encryption whenever sensitive material is transmitted.
- There’s no cancellation fees at Hotels.com and they offer a price match guarantee. The price match guarantees if you find a lower price rate online for the same dates, hotel and room category, they’ll match the price and you get a refund for the difference. They’ll match the price up to the deadline for the property’s cancellation date.
Plan your nanobreak with Hotels.com and Hotels.com coupons. Remember, it’s good for your health!