Expedia Saves You From Nightmare Vacations & Saves You Money
Expedia has made booking a great vacation so simple an eight year old can do it. They’re one of my top picks for travel sites, because of the ease of booking, the user friendly site navigation and lots of savings on travel to destinations worldwide. Since Expedia started in 1994 Expedia has grown to the largest online travel site in the world. According to Expedia’s CFO Mark Okerstrom, one of every 20 occupied hotel rooms in the U.S. is booked through Expedia.
The hands-down best tool for insuring a nightmare-free vacation is the travel reviews on Expedia from real people. Anytime I book a vacation I refer to the reviews. These reviews offer invaluable information you can’t find on hotel websites. Sure, there’s the occasional person who gives a cranky review on a destination everyone else is raving about, but for the most part you can count on your fellow travelers to steer you clear of shady establishments, dirty rooms, surly employees and lackluster amenities. A recent feature Expedia added to the reviews page is called “Verified Reviews. They paid and stayed. We double-checked.” If you’re like me and are sometimes suspicious of the truthfulness of reviews, this should put your mind at rest.
Expedia’s hot off the press promotion, the Find Yours campaign, encourages everyday travelers to share their unique travel finds and tell how travel has transformed them. Consumers are encouraged to share travel adventures through photos, videos and stories. The user-submitted content is presented by Expedia as part of their new marketing promotion which began on 7/11/12. Expedia launched this campaign to bring a personal touch back to travel. According to Expedia, “In a world where every traveler and every trip is unique. Find Yours is our effort to capture the magic of travel and to make travel personal again.” Submitted stories may be chosen for a mini-documentary starring the submitting traveler. Expedia is working on a tool to allow travelers to bring their stories to life by taking photos that are already on Facebook and changing them into a video that tells the story of their trip.
Save on Travel Costs, Book with Expedia
Under Expedia’s Deals & Offers tab you’ll see the ASAP feature, which stands for A Sudden Amazing Price. Travel deals on this page are up to 68% off. The catch is the deals are limited time offers that start at midnight Pacific time and change daily. Another way to find deals is to select the Vacation Packages tab where you can view the Top 10 Deals that give you the best value for your selected destination. Sort this feature by package, last minute travel, current promotions or vacation theme.
Expedia coupons and Deals
- During the Expedia Summer Sale save up to 35% on Hotels and get a $100 prepaid gas card. Book by 8/13/12 and travel by 9/30/12.
- Every Wednesday new deals are posted.
- Last Minute Deals for Hotels, Flights and Cruises are posted under the Deals & Offers page. Deals for the day, the weekend and next weekend are displayed for hotels, flights and cruises.
- Currently Expedia is offering a fare sale on AeroMexico to top destinations across Mexico.
- Save up to $500 when you book your flight and hotel together.
- Groupon offers Expedia travel deals that may save you up to 60% off hotels, flights and rental cars. You must act quick and buy the deals before the time runs out.
- Save up to 30% off New York City hotels. Book by 8.31.12 and travel by 9.9.12.
After you’ve chosen your vacation destination, come to SoNotRetail for Expedia coupons. We’ll save you money.