Car Rental – Tips for Saving on Your Next Rental
Don’t you love choosing a vacation destination? Studying hotels for amenities, checking pool features, locating sandy beaches, and finding tourist attractions are part of the fun of choosing where to go when you get time off. One thing most people usually don’t spend much time researching is car rental. You can ruin your valuable vacation by going for the first cheap car rental deal you find. Let’s examine what is involved in getting a reliable car rental so you don’t get stuck with a lemon.
Research Car Rental Companies
First and most important is to do your due diligence and research reviews by other consumers for comments on their experience with a specific car rental company you might be considering. Look for any tips they have and possible complaints. Check out the major players like Budget, Hertz , Alamo and Enterprise Car Rental companies. There’s a lot to be said for trusted vendors when you’re on the road, so learn from other people’s experiences.
There are several ways to rent a car: Book a rental car directly online from a rental agency. Comparison shop the travel sites Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia and Priceline. Rent as part of your airfare and lodging package.
It’s sometimes best to open several browsers and compare car rental company prices side by side. From day to day prices can change so book the best deal you find from the company you trust. Make sure you remember to include additional fees, like mileage, fuel charges, and taxes into your comparison.
Eight Ways to Save on Car Rental
- Use coupon codes and promos from sonotretail.
- Look for economy models to rent and forego the fancy SUV.
- Look for discount codes from organizations you belong to like AAA, frequent flyer programs and AARP.
- See if the option is available to pick the car up at a location other than an airport where the rates are sometimes lower.
- Refill the car at the end of your vacation yourself. Fuel refill charges per gallon are higher when the rental company refills the car. Use phone apps like Fuel Finder and GasBuddy to find the cheapest gas locally.
- If possible, make sure all listed drivers are over 25. There may be a surcharge for younger drivers.
- Don’t violate the rental agreement. Stay within the specified travel areas on the car rental contract.
- Check your car insurance or credit card company before you rent the car to see if you need to purchase the additional insurance the car rental company offer. Sometimes it’s not necessary to buy the rental agencies insurance coverage.
Make sure to check out these car rental coupons:
Rent a Midsize car from Payless for only $27.99, terms & conditions apply.
Rent an Avis car in Europe for seven days and pay for only five.
Save up to 35% on your Budget rental car when you book with Expedia.
Save up to 20% on your next car rental at Budget off-airport locations.
Next time you book a car rental follow our tips and keep more money in your pocket to spend on your vacation. You might even have enough to splurge on those fancy umbrella drinks your hotel serves at the pool.