Auto Parts – Ten Ways to Save and Improve Your Ride
Auto parts and car repair have become so complicated in the last twenty years that most backyard mechanics have gone by the wayside. It used to be when a car hood was opened in the neighborhood, men would gather around like moths to a flame. If there was a problem with the engine, usually someone had advice on how to repair it or knew someone who did. A tool box would appear and eventually greasy hands would hold up the offending auto parts like a trophy. Today it takes an automotive scanner to diagnose car problems and a technician with training to interpret the read-out. If you pop the hood on a new car today, most of the engine is encased and the auto parts are hidden from view. That aside, it doesn’t mean you can’t save money and still make some positive changes to your ride with new auto accessories and auto parts. You can save cash on some car maintenance tasks if you take them on yourself like changing the oil, replacing the air filter, installing new windshield wipers, replacing taillights and turn signal bulbs. Cars that are showing some wear and tear can be spruced up with new car seat covers and floor mats. A tired paint job can be revitalized with rubbing compound and a wax job. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to figure out what jobs you’re qualified to take on and what jobs require the skill of a certified mechanic.
If you have Mercedes-Benz taste, but a Chevy Impala budget, you can still improve the look and functionality of your car or truck with some of these auto parts:
- Freshen up your car with new floor mats. Free Intro-Tech 4-Piece Universal Floor Mat Set With Purchase of Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade. A $16.95 Value.
- Add a bike rack or watercraft rack by INNO and save up to $33 at AutoAnything.
- Install running boards or Nerf bars. AutoAnything will give you a free Lund Hitch Step a $34.95 value with the purchase of Lund 5″ or 6″ Nerf Bars.
- Put a bug shield on your vehicle and protect your windshield with style. Save 10%.
- Protect your car or truck with a cover. Save $100.
- Save up to $45 on Power Stop brake kits.
- Replace the air filter or change the oil, save 10% to 15% off supplies.
- Get a free $20 gift card on $100 purchase delivered to your home from AutoZone.
- Polish and wax your car with Meguiars products, get free ground shipping on orders over $49.
- Get tire coupons, discounts and rebates from TireBuyer
For tips on car repair and auto parts there’s a great auto repair blog with loads of information from the automotive world, from choosing a mechanic to recommended auto parts. It’s written by master mechanic, Mark Gittleman. Check it out.